Welcome to the OpenBCI Learning Pages! Here you will find a wide range of guides and tutorials that are intended to teach you how to use your OpenBCI gear. If you run into issues or have additional questions, head to our Forum with daily active users. Check out the Community Page for project ideas!
The Learning Pages are separated into the following sections:
- Getting Started — Everything you need to know to setup your OpenBCI Equipment for the first time.
- Cyton Board - Explanations, tutorials and examples for working with the Cyton board and Cyton+Daisy board.
- Ganglion Board - Explanations, tutorials and examples for working with the Ganglion board.
- Board Add-Ons - Here you will find guides for using board attachments such as headsets, headbands, and the electrode cap.
- 3rd-Party Hardware - Here you will find information about the OpenBCI-compatible accessories.
- Software - This section includes guides on how to get connected to OpenBCI hardware using software developed by OpenBCI and commonly used 3rd-Party Software such as Matlab, OpenVIBE, and more!
- Examples - This section includes projects that members of our community have worked on.
- FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
Research Published With OpenBCI
We put together The OpenBCI Citation List, a collection of recently published peer-reviewed research using OpenBCI products. We're proud of how many OpenBCI-based research reports are out there!
Docs Website Update
We have recently updated the Docs website! You may be seeing this page if you have attempted to access a page that has moved. You can find the same information using either the dropdowns on the left or the "Search Docs" function in the top right of this window. Enjoy!
If you are interested in contributing to the OpenBCI Learning Pages, feel free to create your own Markdown file and submit a pull request to relevant sub-directory of the Docs repo on our Github! If you notice any mistakes in these guides, you can also submit issues there.
Real-time EEG data with OpenBCI GUI
GUI release, version 4.1.5, showing data obtained with the Ultracortex Mark IV EEG Headset 8 channel
Head to the Software section for how-tos!